Monday, January 7, 2008

FREE PATTERN NEW YEAR!

Hi everyone, I hope your New Year is off to a good start! I have to say, I am so glad it's over...See Below??? This is what happens to you around the holidays when your kids are off for a week or two! I crack myself up!!! Now I want spring! We are going to be spoiled by the nice warm weather tomorrow...It's supposed to be 66. Imagian me thinking that 66 degreese is warm...I'm a 86 degree on the beach sweatin and a knittin kinda girl!
Ok ok, I gotta say, they are cute though!

I have a few customer project pictures to show you but first I want to remind you not to forget the Baby Sweater class that is starting January 19th with JoAnne Turcotte. The class runs from 10am-12 the 19th and 26th. Learn everything you need to know about making a sweater and have some fun too! I am making a baby sweater for a friend as we speak and I have taken it out 3 times already.... I have this issue with gauge. I'm not afraid to admit it. I knit loose and I can't stand how much smaller my needle needs to be then the pattern suggests. Ugh! If the pattern says a size 8, I have to use about a 6...I hate that! So usually I try to get away with using one needle size smaller but guess what...It dosent work! So I waste time reknitting..Why you ask? I dont know, maybe I think I can tame that darn yarn to do what I want! Never mind what it wants! I think I should take JoAnne's class....




>Also, Pat Walker's class is doing well Tuesdays from 1-3pm and Saturday's 1-3pm. I don't have a picture of Pat, sorry. (I will get one when she least expects it...hehe) during Pat's class the shop is open so she gets lucky in the picture dept! I can't follow her around.. This is Gail. She takes Pat's class every Saturday. She made a gorgeous prayer shawl out of Plymouth's Boucle. It came out so nice. We all loved it. She is our new prayer shawl model!!! Work it Gail!!!!



Mary Jo made a cute cabled bag for her mother for Christmas. She added an initial pin to the front and it is sooooo nice! We love it!
Donna (not me) made both of these adorable hats for her grandchildren for christmas! (lord help me, no grandchildren)
Diana is here on Thursday Evenings from 6-8pm and her class is going well also...They are a roudy bunch I'll tell ya that..After they leave my stomach hurts from laughing! Here is Diana sittin on the floor helping one of the girls! (She's gonna kill me also)
This is the Thursday evening class knittin away! or yakin for that matter...HAHAHA!


More News: In December JoAnne and I went to Lehigh University to help teach a sorority how to knit... they were knitting hats for patients in New York's Prespyterian Hospital, Oncology ward...
JoAnne taught and I fumbled through...haha...Im not such a good teacher! I admit it at least! The girls were great. All of them were polite, Their moms would be proud, our hats off to ya Ladies! GREAT JOB! Thanks Lauren for the pictures. Pass this on!

Ya know when you bring your camera all prepared to be the photographer? and the battery goes dead as soon as you open it? Yeah, that's what happened to me so Lauren was nice enough to send me her pictures... http://www.headhuggers.org/ If you want to make Chemo caps to donate you can check out this site...There are several patterns for free and they even have listed where you can send them when your done....
Drummmm rollllllll Pleeeeese! Last but not least, Everyone that has the Internet knows that you can find million of patterns out there floating in cyberspace at any given moment....We are going to add to those FREE patterns weekly!! I will be posting a free pattern each week that I love...and hope you will to. This week it will be....Fingerless gloves! Ok I know this is very small..haha! I have been sitting here trying to figure out how I can make it bigger so you can read it. Now my brain hurts, sooooo for now I am going to attach it to the email in a word document. I will figure out how to add it to the blog at some point hopefully sooner then later. Have a great week and hope to see ya soon.















1 comment:

THE KNITORIOUS MRS. B said...

You're a stitch, ya know! Craaaaaaazy knitting mama!

Hey, thanks for the freebie!