Monday, January 21, 2008

ADDING MORE CLASSES!

Hi all, There are several new things to tell you. Yay! I'm so excited! There are several new classes being added to our list.

JoAnne Turcot will be having a weekly class every Wednesday from 6:30-8:30, starting January 23rd. For the first 4 classes she will be working on a baby sweater using Encore Worsted. You are welcome to join them and bring what you are working on. She will present the lesson for the evening then help will be available. Cost is $5 for each class.


Also Linda Miller will be here every other Tuesday evenings from 6:30-8:30,Starting January 29th. So I here, she is the sweater master...If you have ever wanted to make a sweater and were afraid to try alone...This class is for you. Sheteaches from start to finish...I think I might join, I want to make a Fair Isle sweater that actually fits after I"ve done all that work...We all know how that is! Cost is $5 for each class.


Customers pictures: Above to the left is Judy, she made these gorgeous cabled hat and scarf set in Pat's class and wore it right out of the shop on Saturday. Its hard to see the cables in the picture, but they came out great! Above Middle: Carol is making a pillow from Interweave's Holiday Issue 2007. She knit it out of Mission Falls 1824 Wool and is in the middle of making an H on the front of it for her hubby, Harold. Above right: The is a work in progress...this customer is making a sweater out of Mission Falls 1824 Wool. I am sure it's going to be gorgeous...More pictures to come!

This cutie sweater was made by me for a baby shower that I attended on Saturday for my friend Steph. Unfortunately I didn't finish it so I had to bring it back with me to the shop and today I will be adding the buttons. Luckily I hear that I'm not the only one who runs short on time. I always think I will have enough and never do..


Above is a lacy scarf I'm working on. It will be one of the free patterns soon I hope. Maybe by next week. HAHA! (time again) I am using really really nice handspun with gorgeous tiny glass beads. If you look reeeeal close you might be able to see the beads...See the cute stitch markers? I love them! It's 70% Merino Wool and 30% Silk...MMMM..very nice. Its about 150 yds. so it should make a decent size scarf. There are several other colors as well. Charcoal, green, brown and this tan.


Last week on the blog I told you about a hand dyed yarn called Starbug knits. This a picture of a sock (obviously) knit with this yarn. Just to give you some idea.

I almost forgot, I found a pattern for 4 felted bags on http://www.etsy.com/ I fell in love with them as soon as I saw them and ordered. Below is a picture of one of the bags. It's one of the best felted bag patterns I have seen in awhile. Also, below is the link to Madeline's blog, if you decide you would like the pattern also, you can go to her blog and order them. I think this will be my next project. HAHA! The bag to the right is a new bag the Madaline has..It is not listed on her site yet, but will be very soon. I love this one also.


http://www.knittingdream.blogspot.com/

Last but not least, I have decided to pick a pattern from Berroco for this weeks pattern. I love this little bag and it only uses one hank of Jasper. Dont forget it can be made in any of the colors we have. I hope you love it as much as I do...Another project waiting for me...AAAAA!


Just courious what do you all think of a mystery pattern?? Do you think it would be fun? Or not? Like a dishcloth, maybe? Good for beginners and advanced alike! and fun




1 comment:

THE KNITORIOUS MRS. B said...

Nice baby sweater! You're so last minute-just like me!!!

I really like that stain glass bag too! I haven't felted anything intentionally for quite awhile, but i can't start anything new until I finish his sweater!
Hey, i forgot to look at the PNC book when i was in last week! DUH!