Friday, December 21, 2007

The Holidays are upon us! YIKES!

I just wanted to drop you all a line and say my last Merry Christmas or if you celebrate Hanukkah, Happy Hanukkah or if you celebrate no holiday except life, then Happy Day! I want to post some pictures of projects that customers have finished for Holiday gifts...and the next two weeks of hours just as a reminder: I will be OPEN tomorrow (Saturday the 22nd) from 10-3. Pat will be here from 1-3 for her class. If you would like to join them please just stop by! Monday the 24th, Christmas Eve, I will be here from 11-2. The 25th I will be closed and the 26th I will be closed. I will be OPEN the 27th,28th and 29th. Pat will be here on the 29th from 1-3 for her class. I will be closed the 31st, the 1st and the 2nd. I will reopen January 3rd and Diana's class will be starting January 3rd from 6-8pm. After the new year I will post the class schedule for January and hopefully February.
Show and tell:
This gorgeous scarf was made by Carol. She made it with Ultra Alpaca. It felts so soft! I have received several compliments on it and decided after the holidays there are several of us that are going to make one for ourselves! I love the color too!

The beautiful scarf below was made by Patty. The buttons are gorgeous and I love the colors. Several customers were in when she brought it by and we all loved it! I saw it as an excellent window topper and Patty saw it as an excellent table runner also! For Christmas it could be reds and green, for Easter, pinks and purples, YOU GET THE IDEA. Patty made hers with Lambs Pride. She used the pattern in Felt It!

I also received several new books and some NEW YARNS!



Barbara Delinsky wrote a new novel, Family Tree. Berroco has come out with a knitting collection inspired by her novel. There are 4 designs in Ultra Alpaca and Pure Merino. Both Stitch Style Mittens and Socks have several awesome patterns. I wish these would have gotten here several weeks ago. They are both a small sized book and would be great for stocking stuffers!

Now for the new yarn. I just received BOKU from Plymouth! It's beautiful! Here are some of the colors and I can order any you might want but don't see. Its just like Noro but with a much lower price tag and excellent quality.

I also received Encore Boucle Colorspun...and several prayer shawl books to go with it. I also have an Afghan book with a bunch excellent pattern!

I have some real nice colors in Cherry Tree Hill's Supersock and Silky Kidd.

Last but not least...I received some Kaya from Crystal Palace. Gorgeous colors and felts well also. Check out the swatches here http://www.straw.com/cpy/yarns/kaya-preview.html

Well, I hope everyone has a great few weeks and I will blog with you again in the New Year! Donna








































































No comments: