Tuesday, February 5, 2008

SALE SALE SALE!

Tuesday Feb. 5th
Ok so Im early again...Im not sure if its because this week is slow or I'm just managing my time better these days...We'll go with the managing better...HA!

Some exciting news, Wendy the big bellied woman in the last blog had her baby Monday, Jan. 28th. Little Charles was 7lbs 15oz. AWWW! How cute! (glad it's not me) Hopefully some time soon we will have a picture so show. I did get a picture from JoAnne but I cant post it for some reason...I will try again asap..

Just a few things so share..First, we are working on the watermelon bag from last weeks blog as we speak. Cindy is making the first one. I ordered the spring like colors from Plymouth. I have to be honest, I have never felted with Galway, boy oh boy...it felts excellent. As you can see below I started a bag also. I love the colors.. It was about 22" tall when I was done knitting it and now its about 10 1/2" after felting. I feels so nice too! Dont you love how I cut the opening crooked? UGH! I think the bamboo handle will go better with the bag but I love the dark brown wooden one also...the next bag will have dark brown added to it..





Thursday Feb. 7th
Here it is finished..It came out soooo nice my kids are fighting over it soooo I am already making a second one! Plymouth Galway...LOVE IT! Cindy brought the watermelon bag she is working on (thursday) for all of us to see...We all thought it was GREAT! It's not felted so she is going to do that next. She is working on another. Hope to see it soon.
I know its hard to tell but below is a knitted dog leash. EJ made this one and added alphabet beads with the dogs name...It came out sooo cute!

Here is Cat Bordhi's new Pathways book. So I hear it's excellent. I tried to figure out the two sock thing awhile back but it makes my brain want to explode! Also got Bag Style yesterday and love it already! I am making the bag on the front cover ..It is being added to my list of things to complete before the year 2012!

Last but not least...TAAADAA! Here is what I submitted to Knitty. I love these fingerless gloves and I did get a nice letter of REJECTION! LOL... Ya win some ya loose some, gotta keep goin!! I WILL be famous one day!..HA You will be receiving this pattern asap. I am attempting to get more ruffle yarn as we speak...sooo as soon as I get it, you will too.

I will be attaching a fingerless glove pattern to your email...It has a nice cable going up the side. Hope you love it as much as we do. Dont forget the the yarn for this pattern is on sale thru the month of February!




















No comments: