Tuesday, February 19, 2008

WASHCLOTH MANIA! and other stuff

Well I have to say it again...I have been struck by the washcloth bug...as you can see I have made a few in the last 3 days...now I can't stop. The pink and cream cloth is a flying geese pattern. If you have ever quilted you know what that is. The green,brown and cream cloth I made up from the Mason Dixon knitting book...Its the bench cover I think...I just cut it down and made it into a washcloth size. The pink and brown one is from the Knitting Pattern Central website and it's still on the needles http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com/ They have some really fun washclothes. They are great if you want to learn something new and don't want to deal with a huge project while you are learning it..Or if you just want to knit something easy and not think so much. I have 4 more on the heep that I want to make. I will be trying the entraloc washcloth next I think....I gave it a try last night but took it out 4 times because I thought it was wrong...Come to find out it was actually right... Don't you HATE that?Just look below..Sometimes knitting can do that to a person.... If you want to give it a try I found a great tutorial, just click on the link below and this page will show you how ( you won't even have to make this face) with pictures how to do it!



When you have it figured out, you can go onto this headband/earwarmer. It uses taos. A great yarn from Crystal Palace..

These 2 washclothes Judy did. This pattern is from Peaches & Cream. It's on the back of the ballband . I love these colors they are so bright and Judy did a great job.


This cute little bag with a felted button will be a free pattern in March. It's smaller then it's sister bag and I love the felted button. It's perfect for spring too...or younger girls.


February 21, 2008
Last but not least JoAnne's class decided they are going to make fingerless gloves. If you want to learn how to knit with several colors, read a chart and make something useful at the same time, you should consider joining this class on Wednesdays from 6:30-8:30. If you know how to do all of the above you are still welcome to join! Below is the picture of the gloves and neckwarmer.




These are the cutest felted booties...The pattern is on its way...they would be a perfect baby shower gift. We are stuck on babies for the moment...Don't forget to check your email for your FREE pattern!
Hope to see you all tonight. Don't forget Diana is here tonight from 6-8























1 comment:

THE KNITORIOUS MRS. B said...

Love everything you did thisd week, you busy little knitter!