Tuesday, March 25, 2008

NEW PROJECTS!

Knitters, the weather is getting nicer . Strangely enough the kids and I were out on our roof on Easter afternoon....Since we all have many things to keep us busy( and who wants to get on the roof and freeze their butt off) this is the first chance we have had to take down our Christmas lights...I guess you could say that we are somewhat Okie! But in a good way..haha! At least we don't leave them up year round. It was sooo nice up there we didn't want to come down. The shingles were so warm I had to sit on my coat to keep from...well you get the idea...I love warm weather, spring and summer is my favorite time of the year...I love the beach and have been known to sit there knitting wool mittens! Do you knit more or less during warm weather? I like to knit through the summer so when the cool weather gets here I can actually wear the items I have made..Since it seems to take me sooo long to finish something it works well for me to start it a few seasons before I want to use it...
Now its SHOW & TELL TIME: below is Carole she made this super cute ribbed hat with the same yarn ( Johanna) that the kids knitted slippers were made out of...She loved working with it and it turned out real cute! Say cheese!

This Carol (below in the lime green shirt) is making a summer dress for her daughter...The pattern is in Knitter's magazine Summer 2007 Pg. 54 It's called Flip-flops and frills...She is doing a great job! It's sooo cute!


Do You recoganize anyone in these picture's? This is JoAnne's class (Wednesdays from 6:30-8:30) In the picture on the right is JoAnne's mother Jane working hard and fast on her baby hat's she donates to the hospital. Below is a scarf that Pat Walker (Tues. 1-3 & Sat. 1-3)made. It's called Judy,s scarf and its beautiful...Its made with wool and silk that is spun with beads....If you look real close you can just barley see them glitter..

Don't forget about the cables bag we will be doing sometime in April...I will give you a concrete date as soon as I know....Last but not least, I hope you have noticed a few different things on the sidebar of the blog....There is a poll that you can take and I will post the results, there is a slideshow...Hopefully nothing creepy will show up there because the pictures arent mine...I just borrowed them from the web....so If you see something offensive please let me know...I will be adding our pictures to it asap.....Also there is a youtube video link...I have added some videos from the web on knitting and crochet...I hope its helpful and again at some point in the near future I will be adding our own videos...Have a great week Knitter's! Donna

No comments: