Tuesday, November 13, 2007

PICTURES GALORE!

I decided today I was going to bring my camera and snap some pictures of new things around here..First things first though..I want to appoligize if any of you have tried to contact me through email in the past few days. I changed from dial-up to DSL and you all know what a nightmare that is! They say "It's easy" They say "it will be no problem" YEAH RIGHT! I don't know who THEY are but THEY don't know what THEY are talking about! Anyway, it's fixed now (after I called the Verizon tech crying and ready to smash my comp.) and hopefully it's working much better from now on. UGH!

This is the new Interweave Knits Winter 2007 Magazine. We just received it a few days ago and love it ...There are several things I want to make from it already. I love the Celtic Tote and the Twisted Cable sweater. There are several other things in the mag. that I love but "Time keeps slippin slippin slippin in to the future" We all know how that is. So it's on my todo list. HA! If you click here you can preview all the patterns and see what I'm talkin about. http://www.interweaveknits.com/preview/2007_winter.asp

We also have received several new books, both of these by Nicky Epstein and both great books.
Hundreds of ideas for edges and beyond. (obvious huh?) Well anyway, they are great books if you want to learn a new techneque or just add to a sweater or dishcloth for that matter.

Also if you havent noticed on the sidebar of this blog I have added hundreds maybe THOUSANDS (hehe) of FREE pattern sites that I love and use all the time. When you have a chance to sit and look you will be amazed at the patterns out there.

SWEATERS: We also just received lots of patterns from COTTAGE CREATIONS. Pat has been knitting like a mad woman. She let me borrow some of her sweaters to show off. If there are any here that you would like to make please reply to this blog and we will set it up. She is able to do Mondays, Tuesdays and or Saturdays from 1-3. Please let us know what day is better for you. This is the Babies & Bears Sweater for Grown-ups. (She also Crochets)



This is The Wonderful Wallaby Sweater for all sizes! (toddler to adult) These are some of the best patterns availible. This one is made without a hood. You have several choices. You can make a custom sweater without all the work. One of JoAnn's friends made this for her grandaughter and let us borrow it.





This is the Rambling Rows Afghan. Pat made this one with some georgous colors. This pattern is also from cottage Creations.






This is one of the earflap hat's from Cottage Creations. I made it without the flaps...My son loves it. He has fingerless gloves to match!









This is a sweater that JoAnn Turcot made. So cute! The pattern is from Plymouth Yarns. Let us know if you want to make any of these patterns!



I am also adding a picture of the new colors of Encore I received in the last few weeks. I will be adding even more colors and if you want or need a color and I dont have it I will order it for you.



Two things, then I will leave you alone (for now). This past Saturday (the 10th) the class from 10am-12 with JoAnn Turcot went great. The snowmen are coming along. Next week when they are done I will have a few pictures to share. Also Dont forget, Dianna the "Knit Doctor" will be here Saturday the 24th from 1-3. Stop by and learn something new!
Did I say two, ok ok three, Pat wants to teach some classes. We need to know what hours or days are best for yall. She can teach knitting and crochet. Please, If you want her to come and give classes ,reply and let me know if Mondays or Tuesdays 1-3 and or Saturday's 1-3 are ok for you. If not please let me know what day and time is better and we will figure it out. I hope to show more pictures before next week but if I don't get to have a great Thanksgiving!
The Knitwit
























































































































































































































































No comments: