Tuesday, November 6, 2007

CLASSES A PLENTY!

Hi Everyone,
I hope you all are coming along with your Christmas shopping? Oops I think I'm supposed to say Holiday shopping...Not politically correct am I? I have to tell you this...My daughter came home from school yesterday and said that all employees of the school are supposed to say HOLIDAY vacation not Christmas vacation. Are we really offended by the word Christmas? I have to say if someone said to me happy Hanukkah, I would not be offended! I'm not Jewish and I still wouldn't be offended. Is it actually an offense? Is it offensive? I thought an offense was something like "The language he/she was using was offensive to me". Offensive, I need to look this up in the dictionary- is it morally offensive?-Here is the meaning of offensive: causing offense; arousing a visceral reaction of disgust, anger or hatred. Does saying Happy Hanukkah or Merry Christmas or Happy Kwanzaa cause me to feel disgust, anger or hatred? Ohhh my goodness NO! Sometimes I cant, won't and don't understand this America we live in. What I'm starting to understand is why our children and teens are becoming so violent and disrespectful...could it be we are to concerned with what is offensive to them, instead of being parents and taking responsibility for teaching our children that love and respect of others and their beliefs are some of the most important things in life?
I think this seems to be a pattern....First I rant...hehe! Then I am onto knitterly things: If I am offensive to any of you wonderful people please let me know....If you have an opinion on anything I have said here please post it. I know I can't be the only one out here who thinks maybe we are a little off.
Ok Here we go: Classes are filling up so please don't wait to long!
There are several people signed up for the November 10th class already.... We can't wait to make our cute snowman.... Several people have asked me what JoAnne will be doing on the 17th. You tell us. What is it that YOU want to do??? Please respond and Let us know ASAP....
We also have a NEW TEACHER, Pat is willing to do Monday's 1-3, Tuesday's 1-3 and or Sat. 1-3...She is a Knitting teacher and a Crochet teacher...So if any of you want to learn Crochet or just want to brush up on your skills...Please let me know...I need to know what day is best for the majority of you. If you want a class in the afternoon during the week please email or call me and let me know so we can accommodate as many people as possible....Also, JoAnn wants to do a baby sweater class in January.If anyone is interested please let us know....If you have never done a sweater before and are nervous, a baby sweater is the perfect project to start with....Remember All supplies for classes are 10%off

1 comment:

THE KNITORIOUS MRS. B said...

HEY!! Really great Free Patterns Links in that there sidebar! Thanks!!!!