Thursday, October 18, 2007

TAAA DAAAA! THE WASHCLOTH SCARF! AND OTHER THINGS



Ok so I went kinda far with the washcloth scarf...but...but....I love it. YOU have to try it. I made it out of Mission Falls Superwash 100% Wool it's also great for left over yarn that's for sure! My coat is plaid blue,cream and brown. You know I had to throw in some pink for fun! If you have any questions about it (you know you want it) just reply and I will get back to you asap. Most of you can figure out how to do it like I did....but just in case! OK on to other things:




CLASSES: Class will be November 10th and 17th from 10-12. so far...I am posting a picture of the first project. Its an easy Snowman that you can decorate your house with or give as a gift. It will be easy for beginners and fun for the more advanced. The cost for the project will be around $10 plus the class fee ($5). Please give the snowman a chance, and while your at it get to know JoAnne. We can accommodate more students if you COME and let us know what YOU want to do! We would love to see you and I will bring the snacks....(I know I can entice you with food and knitting)




We all know how it goes...Your knitting a project and suddenly, you have the urge (not that urge) the urge to start something else. The is a scarf pattern that I have had for a long time from Annie Modesitt. I emailed her awhile back and asked her a question about a pattern and she emailed me this. I had several customers who wanted to make it but I couldn't find the ribbon yarn. It was extinct all across the United States. Finally, finally, Skacel has come out with a ribbon yarn that is similar and works great. They have limited colors but I loved this one. If you want to learn lace, or love lace already, this scarf is perfect. It has a small chart and each row is written . I don't think this picture does it justice. I wish I could scan the scarf itself...(hey not a bad idea). It is made by making each side of the scarf separate. (2 pieces) When you are done with both side you will need to do a 3-needle bind-off. You will be practicing VDD and YO, Vertical Double Decrease, Yarn Over and a 2x2 rib. Its great fun and gorgeous also. See how the ribbon roses tuck under your neck? As you can see from the picture I did mine all in black ( and it's not blocked yet)! This is for certain people (and you know who you are) that love the elegant color of black and only black! Sorry the ribbon yarn has some red. I ask you ,what's more elegant then red and black?

No comments: