Tuesday, January 6, 2009

THE HOLIDAYS ARE OVER!

Hi Everyone, YAY! the holidays are over and we all seem to have made it through in tact. Lots of us finished the gifts we planned to give and some of us (including me) are still working on several different things.
Below are two scarfs that Carol made. For the first one she used Crystal Palace Kid Merino and felted it using small wooden balls rubberbanded in the fabric towards the bottom. As you can see where the balls are does not felt and gives it quite and interesting look. The white one she used Kid Merino and Ultra Alpaca held together. This one you can really see where the marbles were rubberbanded. They came out great!




I had to take a picture of this. It's a scarf using Ultra Alpaca. Look at all the different colors. She has many more patience then I do. Its beautiful and I cant wait to see it finished!


These are a pair of Thrummed mittens. These are two patterns that I found>>>>> http://www.wool-tyme.com/mittens.html
http://www.knittingonthenet.com/patterns/mittensthrummed.htm

They are easy, fun and very WARM!






This is a bad picture that I took of the sweater I made. I got the pattern from http://www.zephyrstyle.com/catalog/item/2367447/5358923.htm Its called the 28thirty.I used cascade Eco Wool. I love it and it was quick and easy. Also, some of you have gotten addicted to the changing rows scarf. I'm wearing one of the 15 I made.
Just in case you did not receive the email or were planning on coming to Diana's class tonight, Thursday Jan. 8th....It has been canceled. Hope to see you all knitting in the new year! Donna










































No comments: