Friday, January 16, 2009

BRRRRR!

Hi Knitters,
Hope your all staying warm. I know I'm trying to! It's perfect weather to knit or crochet something warm and cozy.

Below in the fuchsia color, Athena knit a great headband using Brown Sheep's bulky. The pattern was posted a few weeks ago. If you decide you would like to make it also. Just check back to "It's December Already" post and you will find the pattern. It's #5 on the list. It is so cute!




Athena also made this beautiful scarf using a "wing it" pattern. You just grab all the yarn you have layin around, line it up together in color groups you like, grab a size 11 or 13 needle and cast on 60, 80, 100 or 120 or more if you like and knit leaving a 5 or 6 in. tail at the beginning and end. Change yarn each row and knit until it is a wide as you want....What could be easier! They come out great!


Susan made the scarf below using Ultra Alpaca. Its such a great pattern. I love it. I can't remember where the pattern came from at the moment but I will figure it out asap and post it here.




Remember this scarf? I made one myself using black Creme...Silk and wool. Luann is finishing hers up using Ultra Alpaca in red. Great color choice!




Bonnie is the baby sweater QUEEN. She is making this sweater using Mission Falls Superwash in the cutest colors! I will post another picture when she is finished.

I am making a sweater from Fitted Knits using Cascade Eco Wool....I love this wool so much that this is the second sweater I"m making with it. I also made the thrummed mittens and hat and the 28thirty cropped sweater with it. I decided today that I needed a break from the k2,p2 rib on my sweater sleeves. It's drivin me nuts. Soooooo...lol.... I started a scarf to do in between. I just got in some of Plymouth's Baby Alpaca Grande and since I have always loved this yarn I decided to use it. This is the pattern I'm using.. because I love this scarf! http://knitcafebulletinboard.typepad.com/bulletinboard/reversible_cable_scarf/index.html
Very easy and fast but a cable too! Have a great weekend and stay warm!



1 comment:

Knitting Pretty said...

Any chance you wrote down that reversible cable scarf pattern? I did it myself a couple years ago, but now the site is gone and I don't remember the pattern.