Friday, November 28, 2008

THE DAY AFTER

Hi Knitters,
It's hard to beleive it's the day after Thanksgiving already and Christmas is right around the corner. YIKES!
I have a few things to show you from the classes. Below are a pair of Pedicure socks that Kathy made to match the pink flip-flops. She is going to give them as a gift for the holidays. They are great and I sure hope the lucky recipient appreciates all the hard work she put into these! She used Regia sock.



This is a beaded bag that Athena made for her daughter. She used 2 strands of Brown Sheep worsted held together and she added a lining that we all LOVE! Great job! (if she doesn't want it, I will hang MY stocking on the porch!)


This is Dottie modeling her shrug she made with Plymouth Encore Chunky. It came out great! (and NO it doesn't look like an armadillo)



Below is a scarf that Susan is making using Plymouth DK. It's the Drop Stitch Scarf pattern that JoAnne's class made a few weeks ago. I also took a picture of a pair of socks that she made with the 2 circ. but it seems to be missing at this time. She put alot of hard work into those socks and as soon as I figure out where the picture went I will post it.

Below are 2 pictures of the crazy scarf I made. It looks much better in person...lol... I couldn't get a decent picture! Ya can't see the glitta and bling! I gathered all my scrap yarn, ya know all the partial balls we all have laying around and separated them into a color palate that I liked, then I CO 120 sts onto a size 17 /16" circ. ( you could use a 15 or 13 or even an 11, whatever you have) and left a 6" tail. I knit to the end and left another 6" tail and then cut the yarn I was using and started at the beginning with a different yarn. I repeated this process until it was as wide as I wanted. Then I laid it on my dining room table and tied the tails together in 5 groups. Never in a million years did I think my teenagers would like it. OMGoodness, they did! I have made 3 more so far. Lynzee wanted blues and browns like mine and Kallie wanted browns and pinks. I didn't realize I had so many blue, brown and pink yarn hanging around. Oh by the way, when I made the kids I CO 80 sts. If I had made there's 120 they would be falling over it. Doubled and wrapped around my neck the 120 comes down to my mid-thigh.



I am attaching the December Calendar to the email I am sending all of you. After the Christmas holiday there are several days I will be closed. Please make a note of these days as the classes will be canceled. Have a great weekend! Donna

































No comments: