Thursday, October 23, 2008

Hi Knitters,
I have lots to show you this week. Sally from Thursday nights knitting class finished lots of projects. The first picture is a felted knitting basket made with Brown Sheep's Bulky and its huge. You cant tell to good from the picture but you can fit a small child it! Second is a purse that is made with Plymouth's Galway. The colors are great! Third is a neckwarmer and scarf all in one. It's made with Berroco's Ultra Alpace Light. Fourth was orininally a eyeglass case but, you know how felting is, sometimes it comes out perfect and sometimes not what you expected at all. Sally made this larger then expected eyeglass case into a very cute purse. Just big enough to carry keys, phone and money. (Sorry, I cant remember what it is made from.) GREAT JOB SALLY!




Below is a baby earflap hat I made from sock yarn. I'm sure you could make 2 out of one ball of Regia Self -Striping or just use your left overs, add them together as you go and make a very cute baby cool and warm at the same time. It just so happened I was looking for a baby and BAM! In came Jackson! Remember awhile back I posted his newborn picture...I can't beleive he is soooo big already. Man it goes fast. As you can see it fits him to perfection. (dont know how that happened) Can't forget his Mama Steph there in the backround trying to sneak out of the photo. GOTCHA!

Last but definatly not least, the picture below is from JoAnne's class on Wednesday nights. Remember the cable bags they made not to long ago? Well they finished their bags using Fantasy Naturale. Perfect timing to finish the Basket Weave scarf using Berroco's Ultra Alpaca Light. They came out GREAT!


The second picture is of a slipper that I made using 2 strands of Plymouth's Galway held together. They took just ONE ball of each color with some left over, problaby enough to make a pair of short fingerless gloves that I sent out a few weeks ago. If you want to learn how to wrap and turn, Pick up sts and use 2 circ. needles this is a great pattern to learn it on. One of my GREAT customers Carol let my in on the pattern. She found it here at http://www.cocoknits.com/ Click on knit, then go down to accessories, click on Malabrigo Loafers. I bought the pattern and love the slippers. They fit great and are cushiony too. (is that a word?)


I hope all of you have a great weekend. This Sunday Hellertown kiddies will be trick or treating from 4-6pm so be careful out there and stop by....We are giving out candy!
















































No comments: