Thursday, June 19, 2008

JUNE KNITTING

Hi all, Hope you are enjoying your summer so far. I know I am! I have lots of pictures for you. First are Diana's class. (Thursday 6-8pm) Sue is making the Carpet bag from Knitting Daily. Sally is getting a head start on winter and making some mittens using Mission Falls Superwash. Carol made this cute felted cell phone holder with a great flower. She used Brown Sheep wool.




Here are 2 cute bags that EJ made and a picture of the REAl EJ. She didn't realize her horns were showing! HA!



Below Athena is making a great scarf for her daughter and Dottie is making a lap robe for her mother.



We had 2 new students last Thursday. Ida is 16 and and wanted to learn how to knit. She did a great job and left knowing how to knit, purl, Cast on, add colors and Cast off! Wow she learned alot. Our second new student was making a shawl and adding fringe to the edges.



Julie is making another pair of socks. We always new it took balls 2 to be exact, to make 2 pair on 2 circ. Here are my socks that I'm working on with Cascade Fixation. I am using left over colors that I have hangin around.



Several people in JoAnne's class (Wednesday 6:30-8:30) decided to make afghans. JoAnne was nice enough to give everyone that is making one a book with 15 patterns in it for FREE. Each afghan takes 1 bag of Encore Worsted. Below are 2 samples. Carol is making the green one and Tish is making the cabled throw. If you want to get in on the Afghan makin' just let us know!




Here are a few pictures from World Knit in Public Day. It was a great day and I'm waiting to here who won the Knitwitz basket??? I would have loved to take more pictures BUT my camera batt. went dead. UGH! Anyway I got a picture of Judy and Vicky knittin away.


Now here is a mystery picture. For the past few weeks in JoAnne's class we have all been addicted to wash clothes. Ya know sometimes ya just get the bug! Last night at 12:30 am while the kiddies were makin a bunch of noise out in the camper, I had a brain storm. Can ya guess what it's gonna be?( not a washcloth) I will show my progress as I go and when I'm done I will put the pattern here. Have a great week and remember Knit knit knit! Donna















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna,
Just wanted to share with you my new blog. Check it out! What are your summer hours again? I want to visit soon. And I finally finished the hat I was working on. There is a picture on my page.
Just click on my name and you'll get linked there.