Thursday, May 15, 2008

MORE STUFF!

Hi everyone, Just wanted to let everyone know that I realize the Knitwitz calender located on the side bar has nothing on it. I spoke with Enter.net again today and this problem will be resolved ASAP. Just a small blog this week. Joanne (our famous knitter) brought this bag in that she made. She used Plymouth Encore Colorspun in a seed stitch and some fuzzy stuff at the top. She lined the bag with felt to match. She also used Crystal Palace Blue glitter handles and some beads on the clasp. It came out great! I love it!

Last night we had several people sewing up the sides of their cabled bag and crocheting on their handles. The handles were a little tricky but we got it! This is the lining that I am going to use. A little wild but I like it.


Below are my 2 socks on 2 needles. I ripped out my first attempt at making them because I was so concerned with figuring out how I needed to turn the needles, that I was knitting sooo loose they were going to fall of my foot. I finally got it figured out! Now I can concentrate on the lace instep. The second picture is the heel. I gotta say that was confusing but Pat being the great teacher that she is got me all worked out. So far I like doing both at the same time. I will be glad to have both of them finished. I already have a plan to make another pair. first though I need to make a pair of fingerless gloves for a friend. I am going to use the same technique and when I'm done I'm done!

Class reminder: Saturday, May 17th from 10-12 we will be doing a finishing class with JoAnne. Please call ahead to save your spot and remember, there will be homework! (only the good knitting kind) . Homework: BEFORE CLASS: Prepare 3 swatches exactly the same ( can be different colors)- Use a flat worsted weight yarn such as Encore or Galway. Can be wool or acrylic.With size 7 needles, or size needed to obtain a gauge of 5 sts =1" over st st;Loosely cast on 20 sts. Work in st st until total length is 4", ending with a wrong side row. Bind off loosely knitwise. Make sure all swatches are 4" square and the same number of rows- each.Bring the 3 finished swatches, size 7 needles, and some of the yarn used to make the swatches. Bring a yarn sewing needle- blunt tip.Suggestion; use light to medium shades of yarns- don't use black or very dark colors- harder to see the stitches.
Linda Miller will be starting a 2 hand 2 color knitting class. The 2 hand 2 color class will be ongoing. The next class will be May 20th from 6:30-8:30. If you would like to join this class please give us a call and we will put you on the list. We will be making and finishing a hat. You will need 2 skeins of worsted weight yarn. 1 solid and one contrasting color, size 7 or 8 16" circular needles. HOMEWORK BEFORE CLASS STARTS: Cast on 96 sts and join. Knit in round until the edge does NOT roll anymore then bring it to class and Linda will help with the rest!
Pat's sock class is going great! She will be teaching 2 socks at the same time on 2 circulars on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of every month. (May 3rd and 17th) Please call to save your spot.. Taken from Pat herself "Your brain needs to learn something new" might as well be this! Coming soon: 2 socks at the same time on 2 circ. TOE UP! Don't forget all the great sock yarn we just received. If you are here for a class you will recieve 10%off class supplies! Check last weeks post for pictures. Coming soon: J-knits sock yarn!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, um, Donna, where's the free pattern, or am I just missing something?

Anonymous said...

I love making fingerless mitts and will try your idea to knit 2 at a time on 2 needles... thanks for the idea.

THE KNITORIOUS MRS. B said...

Love the pattern on your bag liner! You seem to have the hang of that there sock knitting, missy!

Bet you'll do the sleeves of your next sweater 2 at a time too!

Donna said...

Hi Sally. I send the free pattern as an attachment to the email I send to everyone on the shop list. If you would like to come in and put your name on this list you are welcome to.

Hi Joanne, I finished the fingerless mitts on the two circ. needles. It only took 1 day. It was soo much easier this way! I did them from the fingers up so I didnt have to count rows after the thumb hole. I just knit until the yarn was almost gone..

Hi mrs. b. I have to say I sure will be doing everything with two circs. instead of those darn dpn's!